After a short break, I decided to take an item off the project list. DNS is a rich source of inspiration for me - and so I elected for a quick win in the form of serverless DNS records backup. The goal of which is to backup my DNS zone contents, via functions as a service (FaaS) and storage as a service (object or database).
The renewal date on my .co.uk domain was nearing. I decided to make a change from 123-reg to iwantmyname. After migration, I captured the process to enable DNSSEC on the domain when using Cloudflare for DNS. For those thinking of a similar migration, I have also captured my experience of moving to iwantmyname.
In this post, I’d like to introduce you to how I’ve used PSGraph to create visuals from code. I’ll show you how to represent the Windows DNS cache graphically. Here is an example output (click for a full size image):
I finally dusted off that Raspberry Pi in the corner. Initially, I was putting Pi-hole through its paces. One thing led to another as a fresh rabbit hole emerged in the form of adding encrypted transport to forwarded queries (a subject I visited in the past). I purchased another Pi for resiliency. I then explored how I might visualise the performance of the solution.