I created a timeline visual from Elite Dangerous in-game events. Why? On the one hand, to further my Python learning and explore AWS DynamoDB. On the other hand, because I ultimately would like to provide some context to me in the game which is not present natively. By focusing on visualising a subset of the available events, I gain a foothold in parsing the game data into a database and putting an API in front of it.
In this post, I’d like to share an example of bringing to life the data returned by an API. One PowerShell example takes the output of
Get-Process to create a JSON representation of process IDs and their network connections.
In this post, I’d like to introduce you to how I’ve used PSGraph to create visuals from code. I’ll show you how to represent the Windows DNS cache graphically. Here is an example output (click for a full size image):
I finally dusted off that Raspberry Pi in the corner. Initially, I was putting Pi-hole through its paces. One thing led to another as a fresh rabbit hole emerged in the form of adding encrypted transport to forwarded queries (a subject I visited in the past). I purchased another Pi for resiliency. I then explored how I might visualise the performance of the solution.
I knew when I began to duel stack this site it would introduce challenges which would not exist in a single cloud solution. In this case, I found myself chasing speed demons at the expense of focus on other project time. I’ve enjoyed every minute of it - however, there’s a lesson in there.